Title: Graphic Designer
Level: Junior /Mid level
Location: Damn Fine Print, Stoneybatter, Dublin 7
Contract: Minimum three days a week
Closing Date for Applications: May 11th
Start Date: Immediately
Damn Fine Print is looking for a motivated and creative designer to join our team. We’re a screenprint / risograph studio and event space working in education, events and collaborations with creative agencies and brands.
We’re seeking a detail-oriented person with people skills and the ability to work independently and creatively, juggling several projects at once, including:
- Assisting with designing and curating special print projects
- Developing our visual communication design
- Creating bespoke visuals for our social media accounts
- Managing updates and design changes to our website
- Printing risograph commissions
- Assisting with designing and printing special print projects
- Researching themes and generating design concepts.
- Artworking and colour separating print files for risograph and screen printing
- Developing pitch documents
We’re hoping you’re a print nerd with a good work ethic - someone who gets excited about pantone colours and paper stock. You’ll be familiar with zines, riso culture, screenprinting and everything that goes with them. Previous experience in print design is expected and we’d love to see examples of these projects and your creative process in your portfolio. Damn Fine Print is a busy open access studio so you’ll also be expected to work well with, and think strategically about, our members, students, clients and partners in the Dublin creative scene.
Candidates must demonstrate the following industry skills:
- An education in the design field
- Proficiency in the Adobe Suite of design software (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign primarily) and preparing artwork for print.
- Knowledge of print production, risograph, screenprinting and have a good understanding of the creative processes that go with them.
- Excellent communications skills through email, phone and social media
- A keen eye for detail to support the needs and quality standards of the creative sector
- Comfortable working with webstore platforms (Shopify or Squarespace) with basic understanding of HTML
- Excellent team player attitude
- A willingness to listen to feedback
- Video editing skills are preferable
If this sounds like you, please email email@example.com
WHAT TO INCLUDE:
Applicants should apply with details about their background work experience, skills and why they would fit the role along with any portfolio work or digital submissions that might be relevant.
Include a cover letter (no more than one page), a copy of your CV, reference details and any portfolio or previous work you think might be relevant to this position.
INTERNS AND PRINT STAFF
We’re always interested in hearing from people looking to do an internship or placement at the studio. We mightn’t have any vacancies right now but feel free to drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.